Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ACTION: Connect to Bluetooth device (alternate solution included)
aspegic
Post ACTION: Connect to Bluetooth device (alternate solution included)
on: July 2, 2017, 01:24

Please implement ACTION: Connect to Bluetooth device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

There are other apps in the app store that can do it, but really AutomateIT Pro should be able to do this ACTION by itself.
Remember that not all Bluetooth devices try to reconnect automatically. That's why this action is necessary.

In my case, I want to create this rule set:

TRIGGER: Power connected
ACTION: Turn Bluetooth ON

TRIGGER: Bluetooth state ON
ACTION: Connect to Bluetooth device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx <<< this is not possible in the current version

TRIGGER: Bluetooth device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx connected
ACTION: Turn sound off + Turn display off + Turn wifi on

aspegic
Post Re: ACTION: Connect to Bluetooth device (alternate solution included)
on: July 2, 2017, 03:08

As a temporary solution (until this is implemented in AutomateIT), you can install an app from the play store to fill in for the missing functionality. There are several apps that can do this. I personally use an app called "Bluetooth Auto Connect" (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect).

The rule set above would then be like this:

AutomateIT:
TRIGGER: Power connected
ACTION: Turn Bluetooth ON

Bluetooth Auto Connect:
Configure "Bluetooth Auto Connect" to connect to Bluetooth device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx when Bluetooth is turned on (by AutomateIT).

AutomateIT:
TRIGGER: Bluetooth device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx connected
ACTION: Turn sound off + Turn display off + Turn wifi on

To use this rule set, I bought a very cheap Bluetooth audio receiver online for $7.00, but I do not actually use it as an audio receiver. It is plugged in in the bedroom and only functions as a kind of "location marker". When I plug-in my phone at night and this device is "visible" by the phone, it means it's plugged-in in the bedroom and sound should be turned off. The fact that Bluetooth has a relatively short range is actually an advantage in this situation.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.054 seconds.