A new update to AutomateIt was just released and includes the following features.
Click here to download AutomateIt
Enhanced contact selection
Several actions and triggers in AutomateIt are based on selecting a contact or a phone number. Until now, these actions and triggers were limited to selecting either a contact or a phone number from the contacts list. This update introduces an enhanced contact selection option that allows you to choose the method of selecting the relevant contact from the following (The list of available options depends on the specific action or trigger) :
- Selected Contact – select contact from your contacts list
- Selected Phone Number – select phone number from your contacts list
- Manual Phone number – manually enter phone number
- Last SMS received sender – the phone number of the last SMS received
- Last caller – The phone number of the last incoming call (answered or missed)
- All contacts
- Unknown contact
This feature is used in the following triggers and actions:
- SMS from contact trigger
- Call state trigger
- Outgoing call trigger
- Dial phone number action
- Send SMS action
Where are you ??? by AutomateIt team
Use this rule to send a reply SMS with the phone location to the person asked "where r u". This rule is only supported for version 3/4.0.55 (released on March 12) or later versions
Open URL Action – “Run in background”
Open URL Action now supports running HTTP GET requests in the background without launching the browser.
Also, as a security measure – Whenever you download a rule from the rules market that has the Open URL Action, a warning will pop showing you the URL. Please only download rules that point to known and trusted URLs. If you encounter any malicious rule or URL, report using the support option within the app.
- Enable/Disable Sync Action is now supported on all devices
- Enable/Disable GPS Action is now supported on all devices running Android 2.2 and all rooted devices
- Set Airplane Mode Action is no longer supported for JB due to changes made by Goolge. It is currently supported for devices running any Android version until JB and for rooted devices running JB (or later…)
Uploading rules does not gain points
Notice that uploading rules to the rules market does not earn you points anymore. Still, if you have a great rule to share with the world, don’t hesitate !
Minimized rich notifications setting
Following several requests from users after the previous update, we have added a setting that allows you to have minimized notification.
- Fixed widget size on devices running ICS and up
- Disable lock screen action fix
- Fixed submitting rule rating on rules market
- Fixed continuous execution of location trigger
- Fixed recurring event trigger executing on wrong interval
- Don’t show unlock features dialog on Pro version